For an electronic copy of the 2016- 2017 AP Bulletin for Students and Parents, click here.
Register for Exams
- Testing begins Monday, May 1st, 2017 and runs through Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 for us at Hillsdale High School
- Students will sign-up for tests online using a website called totalregistration.com: www.totalregistration.net/AP/053165
- There are times when students have exams that are scheduled at the same time. In that case, please plan to take the "Late Exam". Please see Ms. Milton if you have any other conflicts with the test dates so that an alternate test can be ordered.
- Students receiving special education services should have submitted their SSD eligibility forms to the College Board (deadline this year is February 9th, 2017) to make sure they get necessary accommodations- extended time, reader, writer, larger print, etc. See Ms. Milton for the form to fill out.
*** Hillsdale is only able to provide tests for students who attend Hillsdale High School.
Payment for Exams
- AP exams cost $98 each, and $5 for students on free and reduced lunch. (Students who have not applied for the free/reduced lunch program but feel they may qualify should see James Madison in the Health Office for an application ASAP. Note: all students who pay the free price and don’t take the test will be expected to pay the $15 returned test fee.)
- If you do not qualify for free lunch but need financial assistance please see your counselor or Ms. Milton.
- AP fees will be collected from January 20th, 2017 through March 3rd, 2017. This will primarily be done through the Total Registration Website. (If students need to pay cash in person, please come see Ms. Milton in the counseling center. Final payment is due before the test is taken.)
- If a student needs to cancel their exam they can do so before March 10th for a full refund or before March 17th---with a $25 charge. No refunds will be given after this date as we are required to charge $15 for each unused exam.
- Students who decide to take an AP exam after the order is placed will have to pay the $98 for the exam, plus an additional $55 per exam as a late fee.
AP At Hillsdale
All academic courses offered at Hillsdale in the areas of Language, Social Science, Mathematics, and Science are College Preparatory (CP) at minimum. Honors courses, called Advanced Standing (AS) are offered at the 9th and 10th grades for English and World History. Students may also take Honors English in the 11th grade, preparing them for the AP English Language exam.
Hillsdale offers the following AP Courses for the 11th and 12th grades:
- Environmental Science
- Physics C
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- English Language (11th)
- English Literature (12th)
- American Government and Politics US
- US History
- Studio Art (Drawing)