Drama Course Descriptions
Drama 1-2: Students work in pairs and small groups to learn skills in:
- team building, collaboration & communication
- character development
- audition technique
- giving and receiving feedback
- theatre history, including Greek Theater, Italian Commedia dell'Arte, Shakespeare, and Chicano Theater
In addition, students deepen Common Core reading and writing skills by learning to make a statement about something they observe, then back it up with evidence.
Drama 3-4: In this intensive course, actors develop a deeper understanding of theater from different cultural and historical perspectives through:
- scene study & monologues
- Long-term Improv Project
- directing, producing and design (One Acts and Karaoke Musicals)
- Youth Playwriting Project with TheatreWorks (show is Nov 10!)
- deeper emotional development of characters
- many more chances to practice performance technique.
(Students must be in grades 10-12 and have either passed Drama 1-2 or have permission of the instructor. May be repeated for credit.)