Drama Course Descriptions
Drama 1-2: Students work in pairs and small groups to learn skills in:
- team building, collaboration & communication
- character development
- audition technique
- giving and receiving feedback
- theatre history, including Greek Theater, Italian Commedia dell'Arte, Shakespeare, and Chicano Theater
In addition, students deepen Common Core reading and writing skills by learning to make a statement about something they observe, then back it up with evidence.
Drama 3-4: In this intensive course, actors develop a deeper understanding of theater from different cultural and historical perspectives through:
- scene study & monologues
- Long-term Improv Project
- directing, producing and design (One Acts and Karaoke Musicals)
- Youth Playwriting Project with TheatreWorks (show is Nov 10!)
- deeper emotional development of characters
- many more chances to practice performance technique.
(Students must be in grades 10-12 and have either passed Drama 1-2 or have permission of the instructor. May be repeated for credit.)
RENT Cast list
Thanks to everyone who auditioned!
MANDATORY cast meeting Mon 8/24 at 3:30pm in LT Green Room.
Rehearsals start Mon 8/31, come memorized.
Roger Davis - Daniel Rosen (u/s Benjamin La Mar)
Mark Cohen - Matt McCoy (u/s Jack Bell)
Mimi Marquez - Emma Jue-Sans (u/s Isabella Yavari)
Angel Schunard - Diego Dew (u/s Nikko Garoufalias)
Maureen Johnson - Alara Magritte Slonaker (u/s Thea Etchepare)
Joanne Jefferson - Emma Houle (u/s Margaret Carroll)
Tom Collins - Gabriel Amaro (u/s Lukas Stoiber)
Benjamin Coffin III - Hayden Canter (u/s Zach Dwyer)
Ensemble (specific roles will be assigned within the first few weeks of rehearsal)
Benjamin La Mar